Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Day is Here!

My alarm went off for a 1:30AM wake up which in itself was a little odd.  The to do lists have been triple checked and we are ready to shove off.  Today is going to be a long day, but everyone is going to be filled with excitement.  Of the 16 people going on the trip, 6 of us went last year, for the other 10 this is a new experience.

Caretta, WV is our final destination, and if all goes well, we hope to be there by about supper time.  We'll take I-84 from where it begins in MA area out to I-81 in Scranton, PA.  We will follow I-81 for a large portion of our journey to the Blacksburg, VA area where we will get off by Virginia Tech.  From there we will make our way over to Tazewell, VA which is where we pick up Rt 16 north.  This is where the road gets slow going and windy.  We'll make our way up through War, then on to Caretta.

This is going to be an exciting trip!  I personally am excited to serve, to spend time with our group and with the local residents we will be serving.  This year's team is great and I am excited to see God move in big ways through this trip.

- Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment