Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thursday Day 1 - Travel Day

Excitement.  The single word that wraps up all my emotions thus far.  Our early departure at 3am this morning went well, traffic was easy and just about everyone got some sleep (excluding brave drivers).  Fast food was the target of our food stops, Dunkins, Subway, and Wendy's were the big stops.  We finally arrived (after numerous stops) at 8:30pm.  Craig Snow gave the group a quick briefing about the week ahead. Immediately after, the majority of the group jumped into a game of Apples to Apples.  Breaking the ice was no problem for this energetic group.

For some of our members, the setting is familiar dating back to last year.  As my second year coming to West Virginia, I am eager to see the sites and get going.  HopeForce does a tremendous job with finding people in need of assistance.

Finally, I speak for the group when I say that this is going to be an awesome week.  Even with temperatures above 95 degrees I know this group will be able to hand it all.  Besides, a difference, big or small, is still a difference.




Brandon Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment